Thomas F. Rutherford
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Professor, Agricultural & Applied Economics
PhD 1987, Stanford University (Operations Research, Supervisor: Alan S. Manne)
BS 1977, Yale University (Engineering and Applied Science)
- The University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI. Professor of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 2012–present.
- The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zürich, Switzerland. Chair in Energy Economics, 2008–2011.
- Freelance Professional Economist, 2005–2008.
- Professor of Economics, 2003–2005. University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- Associate Professor, 1997–2002. University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- Assistant Professor, 1992–1996. University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- University of Western Ontario, Canada. Assistant Professor of Economics, 1987–1992.
- Yale University, Post-Doctoral Research Associate and Lecturer, 1986–1987.
- Norwegian School of Economics. Researcher, 1982–1983.
- Peace Corps, Nepal. Rural Suspension Bridge Engineer, 1977–1979.
Interests include Energy Markets, Climate Policy, International Trade, Technical Change and Computational Economics.
- GTAP Hall of Fame Award, User Community of the “Global Trade Analysis Project,” 2007.
- Daeyang Prize (with Glenn W. Harrison and David G. Tarr), Journal of Economic Integration, 1997.
- Cowles Foundation Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Yale University, 1986.
- Yale College McCloskey Award in Mechanical Engineering, 1977.
For an extensive list of selected publications please follow the link below: